Biotechnology Commercialisation Fund (BCF)
1. Biotechnology Commercialisation Fund (BCF)
- To facilitate on going commercialisation of biotechnology products and services.
- To facilitate expansion of existing biotechnology business.
b. Eligibility Criteria
- the applicant must be a BioNexus Status company
- is majority Malaysian owned i.e. at least 51% of the equity is owned by Malaysians
- minimum paid-up capital of RM250,000
c. Funding Quantum
BiotechCorp may grant approved applicants a credit facility from a minimum of RM500,000 to a maximum of RM3,000,000.
d. Scope of Funding
The BCF Facility shall cover expenditure in relation to the commercialisation of activities (within the ambit of the BioNexus Status Qualifying Activities) by the applicant company which may include the following:
- Commercialisation expansion project;
- Commercialisation or Expansion of existing biotechnology products or services;
- Commercialisation or Expansion of new biotechnology products or services; and
- Activities for commercialisation or expansion into new markets (geographical or segmental).
The typical expenditure for the Biotechnology Commercialisation Fund includes:
- Cost of expansion of production, research and service related facilities
- Procurement of production or laboratory equipment
b. Working Capital
- Intellectual property filing and registration
- Clinical or field trial costs
- Raw materials, consumable or livestock
- Compliance and regulatory costs
- Expenses directly related to R&D activities towards improving existing products/services with the exception of payroll/human capital emolument expenses
- Expenses directly related to business expansion activities to introduce products/services into the global market with exception of payroll/human capital emolument expenses.
e. Further Information
For further information please contact:
BioNexus Development Division
Malaysian Biotechnology Corporation Sdn Bhd
Level 23 Menara Atlan
161 Jalan Ampang
50450 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03 2116 5588
Fax: 03 2116 5528