Al-Farooq Unani Medical College, Madhya Pradesh, India
1, Dargah Main Road,
Khajrana, Indore – 452 016.
Madhya Pradesh, India.
Phone: +91/0 731 2593923
Toll free: Not available
Fax : Not available
Level Of Training
Kamil-e-Tib-o-Jarahat (Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery, abbreviated as BUMS)
Duration Of Training
4 years and 6 months + 12 months internship
A candidate seeking admission to Kamil-e-Tib-o-Jarahat / B.U.M.S. (Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery) Course must have passed Senior Secondary (12th Standard) / Inter mediate examination with Science (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) or its equivalent examination approved by Central Council of Indian Medicine (CCIM) and a certificate of Urdu language of tenth class standard or any equivalent Urdu examination.
17 years as on 31st December in the year of admission. The age limit shall not be relaxable.
Candidates will be selected for admission on the basis of merit determined by their performance in the competitive entrance test PAHUT (Pre Ayurveda, Homeopathy and Unani Test) conducted by Madhya Pradesh Professional Examinations Board, Bhopal.
Candidates will be competent Unani Physicians who can handle all sorts of cases medical as well as surgical based on their extensive knowledge about the fundamental theories and the basic principles of the Unani Systems of Medicine with modern advances where necessary. Such Unani graduate shall be competent to serve in the medical and health services of the country.
Type Of Attendance
9 semesters equivalent
Both components (theory and practical / clinical) will be utilized throughout the course.
- Tashreeh-ul-Badan (Anatomy)
- Afal-ul-Aza (Physiology)
- Umoor-e-Tabiya (Principles of Medicine)
- Mantique , Falsafe-e-Haiyat
- Tarikh-e-Tib (History of Medicines)
- Ilmul Advia I (Pharmacology) (Kulliyat & Mufradat)
- Ilmul Advia II (Pharmacology) (Qarabadin & Saidla)
- Ilmul Amraz and Sareeryat (Pathology & Clinics)
- Ilmul Samoom & Tibbe Qanooni (Juresprudence &Toxicolog)
- Hifzane Sehat Tahaffuzi & Samaji Tib (Preventive & Social)
- Moalijat I (Medicine)
- Moalijat II (Medicine)
- Jarahiyat (Surgery)
- Amraz Ain , Uzn , Anaf , Halaq (E.N.T & Eye)
- Ilmul Qabalat , Niswan & Atfal (Obstetries & Gynocology)
- Department of Kulliyat (Principles of Medicine)
- Department of Tashreeh-ul-Badan –wa- Munafeul Aaza (Anatomy & Physiology)
- Department of IImul Advia (Phamacology)
- Department of Tahaffuzi-wa-Samaji Tib (P.S.M.)
- Department of Moalijat (Medicine)
- Department of IImul Qabalat –wa- Amraze Niswan-o-Atfal (Obstetrics ,Gynaecology & Pediatrics)
- Department of Jarahiyat (Surgery)
Source Of Accreditation
Central Council of Indian Medicine (CCIM)
Upon completion graduates can pursue postgraduate level courses
Upon completion graduates can practice in Unani with accreditation
How To Apply
Candidates may contact the institution (refer contact details).
Glossary, Abbreviations and Links
- Institutions often have two semesters per year which usually last between 15 and 18 weeks.