Allama Iqbal Unani Medical College & Hospital, Uttar Pradesh, India
G.T. Road, Near Roorkee Chungi
Muzaffarnagar U.P 251002 India.
Level Of Training
Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery, abbreviated as BUMS
Duration Of Training
5 years and 6 months
- Senior Secondary School Certificate (10+2) or Intermediate with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects or its equivalent certificate / Diploma with the above subjects recognized by the Government.
- Urdu up to class 8th is mandatory with aggregate of 50%. Minimum 40% marks in Physics. Chemistry and Biology are required for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Schedules Tribes and other Other Backward Class categories.
- Minimum 17 years of age as on 1st July of the responding year.
Candidates will be competent Unani Physicians who can handle all sorts of cases medical as well as surgical based on their extensive knowledge about the fundamental theories and the basic principles of the Unani Systems of Medicine with modern advances where necessary. Such Unani graduate shall be competent to serve in the medical and health services of the country.
Type Of Attendance
11 semesters equivalent
Both components (theory and practical / clinical) will be utilized throughout the course.
Source Of Accreditation
Central Council of Indian Medicine (CCIM)
Upon completion graduates can pursue postgraduate level courses
Upon completion graduates can practice in Unani with accreditation
INR 225 000 for the whole course
How To Apply
Candidates may contact the institution (refer contact details)
Glossary, Abbreviations and Links
- Institutions often have two semesters per year which usually last between 15 and 18 weeks.
- INR – Indian Rupee
- AIUMC – Allama Iqbal Unani Medical College.
- BUMS – Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery