American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine, United States
455 Arkansas Street
San Francisco 94107
Phone: (415) 282-7600
Fax: (415) 282-0856
Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
Level Of Training
Doctorate of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine
Duration Of Training
1. Graduation from a candidate or accredited program in Oriental Medicine, or the foreign equivalent*.
2. Applicants who do not have a master’s degree in acupuncture and Oriental medicine or the foreign equivalent will be given consideration for admittance if they have a minimum of ten (10) years documented experience plus formal college training in acupuncture and Oriental medicine. Such applicants must provide ACTCM with official transcripts. In addition, such applicants may need to take challenge examinations in areas identified by the Admissions Committee.
3. Are in good standing at the last educational institution attended.
4. English competency as demonstrated by passing of the TOEFL with a minimum score of 550 for International students.
*Approval status of each institution of the foreign equivalent will be determined by the Admissions Committee.
International Students must have graduated from an approved program of acupuncture and Oriental medicine or have a minimum of 10 years documented experience. International students are also required to submit these additional documents:
1) Proof of English competency, met by TOEFL score of at least 550
2) Certification of finances from a financial institution
3) Proof of health insurance applicable in the US
4) Proof of acupuncture license
ACTCM has a rolling admissions policy, which means that ACTCM accept applications for the DAOM program throughout the year. Due to limited space in each cohort, the College strongly encourages candidates to apply early. Classes begin every April and October.
The DAOM program is designed to accommodate practitioners who wish to complete their degree while maintaining their practice. Our goal is to help you develop life-long learning and practice skills so you can provide the highest quality of care to your patients.
Type Of Attendance
Both theory and practical
Detailed learning modules can be viewed here.
Source Of Accreditation
The DAOM degree program at ACTCM is fully accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM). ACAOM is the federally recognized accrediting agency for the approval of programs preparing acupuncture and Oriental medicine practitioners. The program is also approved by the California Bureau of Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE).
How To Apply
Candidates may apply online (refer link)
Glossary, Abbreviations and Links
- Online application – https://www.actcm.edu/admissions/
- DAOM – Doctorate of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine