Jamia Hamdard (Deemed) University, Delhi, India
New Delhi-110 062
Phone: +91/0 6984685 or +91/0 6989686
Toll free: Not available
Fax: +91/0 11 698 8874
Email: Not available
Level Of Training
Kamil-e-Tib-o-Jarahat (Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery, abbreviated as BUMS)
Duration Of Training
5 years and 6 months
- have passed Senior Secondary (12th Standard/Intermediate) examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology from Central Board of Secondary Education or any other examination recognized by Jamia Hamdard as equivalent thereto securing at least 50% marks in the aggregate of Physics, Chemistry andBiology.
- have appeared in the Entrance Test of Jamia Hamdard.
- have proficiency in Urdu comparable to High School (Class X) standard in addition to knowledge of English . Medium of instructions of this course is Urdu.
- be not more than 23 years of age on respective year.
Candidates will be competent Unani Physicians who can handle all sorts of cases medical as well as surgical based on their extensive knowledge about the fundamental theories and the basic principles of the Unani Systems of Medicine with modern advances where necessary. Such Unani graduate shall be competent to serve in the medical and health services of the country. (http://www.ccimindia.org/curriculum_unani.html – this particular course is standardized under CCIM)
Type Of Attendance
11 semesters equivalent
Both components (theory and practical / clinical) will be utilized throughout the course.
Faculty of Medicine (Unani)
Source Of Accreditation
Central Council of Indian Medicine (CCIM)
Upon completion graduates can pursue postgraduate level courses
Upon completion graduates can practice in Unani with accreditation
Indian Nationals – INR 125000 for the whole course and INR 450000 for the whole course under SFS.
Foreign Nationals – USD 18000
Foreign Nationals belonging to South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) countries and holding a foreign passport will pay USD 200 less than the prescribed annual fee for a programme of study.
How To Apply
Candidates may contact the institution (refer contact details)
Glossary, Abbreviations and Links
- Institutions often have two semesters per year which usually last between 15 and 18 weeks.
- INR – Indian Rupees)
- USD – U.S. Dollars
- SPM – Social and Preventive Medicine
- NRI – Non Resident Indian
- SFS – Self Financing Scheme