Sydney College of Homeopathic Medicine (SCHM), Sydney, Australia, Australia
Sydney College of Homeopathic Medicine
Devonshire House, Level 2, 139 Alexander St, Crows Nest, NSW 2065
Level Of Training
Advanced Diploma of Homeopathic Medicine
Duration Of Training
Applicants must have the following:
A good command of the English Language to IELTS 6.5 or similar qualification standard (obtainable from British Council or similar bodies)
Successful completion of year-12 (or equivalent), or mature-age entry
A genuine interest in the study of Homeopathy as a mode of healing
*Requirements for international students not specified.
March each year
This course aims to educate the student to practitioner standard. It is a course based on current national and international standards.
Type Of Attendance
Equivalent to 8 semesters
The course offers comprehensive practical and theoretical training in both the basic medical sciences and homeopathy. Extensive clinical experience is provided to support students’ academic studies, and to ensure a smooth transition into their own successful practice.
The course covers six main subjects:
- Materia Medica
- Practical Application including clinical training
- Medical Science
College of Homeopathic Medicine
Source Of Accreditation
Australia Register of Homoeopaths (AROH)
Australian Homeopathic Association (AHA)
Australian Traditional Medicine Society (ATMS)
Advanced Diploma of Homeopathic (ADH) Medicine students are eligible to articulate into the Bachelor of Health Science at the University of New England through their renowned distance learning program. The award of Diploma of Homeopathic Medicine from the college represents at least two-thirds of the Bachelor of Health Science degree. Students are eligible to enroll in the degree course on successful completion of the ADH requirements.
On completion, diploma holders are automatically accepted as members of the homeopathic practitioner body and can practice as certified homeopathic practitioners.
Local – AUD 5, 000
International – AUD 5, 600
How To Apply
Application can be made by filling out the appropriate Enrolment Form (refer to links to download form) and posting to the admission address (refer to contact details).
Glossary, Abbreviations and Links
- AUD – Australian Dollars
- SCHM – Sydney College of Homeopathic Medicine
- Year -12 – age 15 in Australia
- IELTS (International English Language Test System) is a test of English language proficiency jointly managed by University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations, British Council and IDP Education Australia; it has a band scale of 0 (did not take test) to 9 (expert); 6.5 is a scale between a competent user and good user.
- ADH – Advanced Diploma of Homoeopathy
- NSW – New South Wales
- Institutions often have two semesters per year which usually last between 15 and 18 weeks.
- Enrolment form – http://www.homeopathycollege.com/enrolment
- Prospectus – http://www.homeopathycollege.com/themes/homeopathy/assets/prospectus.pdf