The Unani system of medicine in Arabic is referred as Tibb, or Tibb e Unani. In Bangladesh and Pakistan it is normally referred to as Tibb. There are no differences in the Unani system which is practiced in india compared to as in Bangladesh or Pakistan ,it is just the difference in name. The websites for the Unani medicine are classified according to their functionality and information. These websites provide detailed information about the Unani medicine practices. The websites from prominent and well known organisations from Bangladesh, Pakistan and India are listed. Since information from Pakistan and Bangladesh is very limited, much of the information is from India.
- Websites from the Central Council of Indian Medicine.
- Unani medicine pharmacies.
- Registered professionals of Unani medicine practitioners.
- Raw Unani medicine suppliers.
The criteria in listing the websites:
- To provide information of various leading Unani Institutions.
- Leading pharmacies in India, Pakistan and Bangladesh
- Registered Unani medicine professionals
- Raw Unani medicine suppliers.
Website from the Central Council of Indian Medicine
Central Council of Indian Medicine
The Central Council of Indian Medicine is the regulatory organisation which works under the Indian Medicine Central Council Act, 1970.
The Central Council of Indian Medicine is established in 1971. The Central Council main functions are:
- Regulation of the curriculum and Syllabus of Under-graduate and Post-graduate courses in Ayurveda, Siddha and Unani system of medicines.
- All the Colleges of the Indian Systems of Medicine must follow the standards of education as prescribed by Central Council.
- Main advisory to the Central Government.
- Maintenance of a “Central Register” on Indian Medicine Practitioners all over India.
- Governing the Indian Medicine Practitioners Conduct, Etiquette and Code of Ethics.
Contact details :
Central Coucil of Indian Medicine
Jawahar Lal Nehru Bhartiya Chikitsa Avam
Homoeopathy Anusandhan Bhawan,
61-65, Institutional Area, Janakpuri,
Website: http://www.ccimindia.org 
Department of Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy
The Department of the Indian Systems of Medicine and Homoeopathy (ISM&H) is now named as the Department of Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy (AYUSH). It was established in 1995 and renamed in 2003. The Department of Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy (AYUSH) works directly under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, government of India. The department has also formed a technical board which is called as Ayurveda, Siddha and Unani Technical Advisory Board (ASUDTAB) to look after the cultivation, procurement, standardisation, manufacture and sale of the Unani Drugs.
The main functions of Department of Ayurveda, Yoga, Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH) are:
- Education & Research in Ayurveda, Yoga, Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy systems.
- Quality control and standardization of herbal drugs.
- Medicinal plant cultivation and conservation.
- Development of Pharmacopoeia in Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy systems.
- Promote Ayurveda, Yoga, and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy systems internationally.
Dr. Manoj Nesari
Department of AYUSH
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
IRCS Buildings (MAIN & ANNEXE)
Red Cross Road, New Delhi – 110001
Website: http://indianmedicine.nic.in/ 
National Institute of Unani Medicine
The National Institute of Unani Medicine is a prominent Unani Hospital & Institute. It was established in 1984 under the Department of AYUSH, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare. The National Institute of Unani Medicine is an autonomous organisation registered under the Karnataka Societies Act, 1960.
The main functions of The National Institute of Unani Medicine are:
- Development of Unani Medicine.
- Research in various subjects of Unani Medicine.
- Teaching at post graduate level in all the subjects of Unani Medicine
- Treatment and medical care using Unani System of Medicine.
- Standardization of Unani medicines.
National Institute of Unani Medicine
Dept. of Ayurveda Yoga & Naturopathy Unani Siddha and Homeopathy
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India
Kottigepalya, Magadi Main Road,
Bangalore – 560091
Karnataka State, India
Tele Fax : 080-23584180
Website: http://www.nium.in/ 
Department of Unani System of Medicine in AYUSH
The Unani System of medicine is very well covered and taken care by the Department of Ayurveda, Yoga, Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy (AYUSH). India is considered as the World leader in Unani System of Medicine.
Department of Ayurveda, Yoga, Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH) controls the Unani system of Medicine through the Drugs and Cosmetic Act 1940, which controls the standards of manufacturing, sale and distribution of Unani Drugs.
Website: http://indianmedicine.nic.in/unani.asp 
Unani Medicine Pharmacy
The Unani medicine pharmacy is very unique to the Unani System of medicine. The Unani pharmacies having traditional Unani products produced/manufactured as per the Unani pharmacopeia are listed below. The Unani medicine pharmacies are listed according to their crespective country locations.
Hamdard (Wakf) Laboratories
The name “Hamdard” is synonymous to Unani Medicine. “Hamdard” means sympathy. It is the first Unani Medicine pharmacy in India. Hamdard is an autonomous private Unani Medicine Pharmacy formed in 1906 by the Unani practitioner Hakeem Hafiz Abdul Majeed. Hamdard has a range of over 600 Unani Medicine products which are marketed internationally.
Hamdard (Wakf) Laboratories,
Hamdard Building, 2A/3 Asaf Ali Road,
New Delhi-110002, India.
Phone: +91-11-23239801-4, 23221027, 23215307
Website: http://www.hamdard.com/in_touch.php 
Dehlvi Remedies as the name indicates is from the Capital of India Delhi. This organisation manufactures and markets Unani & Ayurvedic Medicines. The founder of Dehlvi Remedies is Mohsin Dehlvi son of Mohd. Ilyas Dehlvi, all of them famous Unani practitioners from Delhi, India. Dhelvi Remedies was formed in 1926. Dehlvi Remedies has 3 manufacturing centres in 3 different zones of India; North (Delhi and its Surroundings), South( Tamilnadu and surrounding states) and Eastern (Assam) Zones of India. The products of Dehlvi Remedies are registered by the Drug Controller of India / FDA and are GMP certified. Dehlvi Remedies has a range of over 300 Unani Medicine products. Dehlvi Remedies manufacture products for the following countries:
- United Kingdom
- United States of America.
Mr. Mohsin Dehlvi
Address: 4, Club Road, Civil Lines, Delhi
Website: http://www.dehlvi.com 
Dawakhana Tibbiya College
Aligarh Muslim University Unani College has a Unani Medicine manufacturing unit called “Dawakhana Tibbiya College”. More than 300 specialist Unani Medicines are produced here. This unit was established in the year 1960 by the Vice Chancellor and former President of India Late Janab Dr. Zakir Husain Saheb.
The Unani medicines manufactured here meet the Indian and international standards. The “Dawakhana Tibbiya College” products are GMP certified. The following are some of the products manufactured:
- General Weakness and Debility: Angoori Ambari Kushta Tila Jadid Kushta Nuqra Kushta Faulad Maullaham Khas Munish Zahabi
- Heart Trouble and Mental Weakness: Dimagheen Dawaul Misk Motadil Sada Fawakeheen Khamira Marwareed Khamira Gao-Zaban Ambari Jawaharwala Khamira Gao-Zaban Sada Sharbat Nishat Afroz
- High Blood Pressure: Dawaush-Shifa
- Cold and Catarrh: Tiryaq Nazla Khamira Gao-Zaban Ambari Itrifal Zamani Itrifal-Ustu-Khuddoos Itrifal Kishnizi Mofid Joshanda Sharbat Nazla
- Chest Diseases: Sadri Qurs Sual Akseer Surfa
- Liver Ailments and Anaemia: Habb-e-Kabid Naushadri Sharbat Faulad Qurs Kabidi
Strict quality control measures are taken for the manufacture of Unani medicines under the supervision of highly skilled staff supported by a quality control laboratory.
Website: http://www.amudawakhana.com/ 
Tayyebi Dawakhana is one of the famous Unani medicine manufacturers in Karachi Pakistan. Tayyebi Dawakhana was established in 1948 by the famous Unani practitioner Hakim Mohammad Ali Tayyebi.
Tayyebi Dawakhana has a range of over 350 Unani medicine formulations which are manufactured as per the GMP. There are 25 products which are patented and are very famous in Pakistan. Following is the list of few products from this pharmacy:
- Anemia: Dawa-ul-misk Motadil Jawahardar, Kamal, Kamal Rubium
- Liver and Endocrine System: Arq Kasni, Arq Gulab, Ark Mako, Shahi
- High Blood Pressure: Sharbat Bazoori, Sipron,
Address: North Napier Road,
Phone: 92-21-32729569 / 92-21-32731961
Hamdard Laboratories (WAQF) Bangladesh
Hamdard Bangladesh was established in the year 1953 in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The development of Hamdard Bangladesh was a steady process lead by Hakim Md. Yousuf Harun Bhuiyan, a famous Unani professional in Bangladesh. Hamdard has a range of over 50 Unani Medicine products which are marketed throughout Bangladesh.
Hamdard Laboratories (WAQF) Bangladesh
99 Bir Uttan C.R. Datta Road
(Old: 291/1 Sonargaon Road), Dhanmondi
Phone: 880-2-9665965-66, 8625194, 8627003, 9671665, 9672312
Fax : 880-2-8616958
Website: http://www.hamdard.com.bd 
Registered Professionals of Unani Medicine Practitioners
Central Register for Unani Medicine Practitioners in India
The Central Council of Indian Medicine maintains a Central register for all the Unani medicine professionals from India. The online data of Unani Medicine professionals is made available to general public with a very user friendly interface. To find out about a specific Unani medicine professional one has to access the page of Central register information department and follow the easy steps by just entering the name of the practitioner all the details are displayed.
Website: http://www.ccimindia.org/central_register_unani.php?st=1 
The website unanidoctors.com is hosted by Dr. Syed Asaduddin Ahmed son of Syed Nehaluddin Ahmed a young Unani physician who graduated in Unani Medicine from Government Nizamia Tibbi College, Charminar, Hyderabad, India in the year 1997.
This website gives information about Unani Medicine professionals worldwide. There is also information available related to Unani Medicine licensing exams for practice around the world.
United Arab Emirates
Derma Health International Medical Centre
Naif Road, Deira, DUBAI
104 A, Green mansion
Humayun Nagar, Mehdipatnam
Hyderabad – 500028, A.P.
Mobile: 98494 75772
Website: http://www.unanidoctors.com 
Raw Unani Medicine Suppliers
Mother Herbs [P] Ltd
Mother Herbs [P] Ltd is one of the leading Indian raw herbal medicine suppliers. The unique feature of this company is that they cultivate organic medicinal plants with the correct taxonomical identification. The website gives all the details of medicinal plants both grown and purchased from other farmers locally in India
Mr. Rahul Agarwal (Marketing Executive)
Mother Herbs (P) Ltd.
C-39, II & IV Floor, 13 Street, Madhu Vihar, Patpadganj,
Delhi – 110 092, (India)
Phone: + (91)-9313324338
Fax: + (91)-(120)-2424943
Mobile: + (91)-9313324338
Website: http://www.motherherbs.com/ 
The Ayurveda Herbal Store
Established in 1944, The Ayurveda herbal Store is a renowned raw herbs supplier to the leading Unani and Ayurveda medicine manufacturers in India and abroad. The trade name of this store is “The General stores”.
The General Stores has a dedicated team of professionals for identification, procuring, storing and supply of raw herbs.
The General Stores
Dealers in Indian Drugs
Website: http://www.ayurvedaherb.com/ 
Radhika Enterprises is a raw herbs,spices and dry fruits provider which are retailed in India and other countries all over the world. This company is in the Capital of India Delhi, the products from this company are exported to China, Singapore, USA, Dubai, Jeddah, Egypt, Turkey, Russia, Hong Kong, Belgium, UK, Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Iran, Afganistan, France, Italy, Netherland, Greece, Indonesia, Japan etc.
Mr. Anil chhokra , Mr. Sahil Chhokra
536, Katra Ishwar Bhawan,
Phone (M) : +91-9871111156 / +91-9811167763
(O): +91-11-23970764 (R) /+91-11-27421506 /+91-11-47082909
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Seva Aushadhi Bhandar Company
Seva Aushadhi Bhandar company is in Indore the capital city of Madhya pardesh, India. Seva Aushadhi Bhandar has been manufacturing Ayurvedic ,Unani and raw medicines and established itself in the domestic & international markets as one of the leading names in the field of herbal medicine.
32/1 Bohara Bazar, INDORE, MP, India, 452002
Phone: – 919009991965
Al Farid Corporation
Al Farid Corporation is one of the largest raw Unani and Herbal Medicines suppliers. It was established in 1949 by Ahmed Hashim Alarakhia in Aden, Yemen and the company moved to Karachi-Pakistan in 1967.
Al Farid Corporation is an ISO 9001:2008 Certified Company and is a registered member of The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Corporate Office Pakistan
Fourth Floor, 20-C Main Khayaban-e-Shahbaz,
DHA Phase VI, Karachi-Pakistan.
Phone: (9221) 35240511, 35240512, 35240513
Fax: (9221) 35240514
Sales Office USA
17165 Von Karman Ave., Suite 106
Irvine, CA 92614, USA
Phone: (949) 757-0038
Fax: (928) 395-1904
Website: http://www.alfarid.org/herbs.html 
- Central Council of Indian Medicine. Introduction to CCIM. Available from: http://www.ccimindia.org [Accessed 22nd June 2010]
- Department of Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH). Indian Medicine Department. Available from: http://indianmedicine.nic.in/background.asp [Accessed 22nd June 2010].
- National Institute of Unani Medicine (NIUM). Dept. of AYUSH, Ministry of Health & Family welfare, Govt. of India. Available from: http://www.nium.in [Accessed 22nd June 2010].
- Department of Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH). Indian Medicine Department. Available from: http://indianmedicine.nic.in/unani.asp [Accessed 22nd June 2010].
- Hamdard (Wakf) Laboratories. About Hamdard. Available from: http://indianmedicine.nic.in/unani.asp [Accessed 22nd June 2010].
- Dehlvi Remedies. Delvi Remedies – A Profile. Over 80 Years of Tradition Continues… Available from: http://www.dehlvi.com/ [Accessed 24th October 2011].
- Aligarh Muslim University Unani College. Dawakhana Tibbiya College. Available from: http://www.amudawakhana.com/index.html [Accessed 22nd June 2010].
- Tayyebi Tayyebi Dawakhana. Our History. Available from: http://desiakhbar.com [Accessed 22nd June 2010].
- Hamdard Laboratories (WAQF) Bangladesh. Home. Available from: http://www.hamdard.com.bd/ [Accessed 24th October 2011].
- Central Council of Indian Medicine. Central Register. Available from: http://www.ccimindia.org/central_register_unani.php?st=1 [Accessed 22nd June 2010]
- Unani doctors. Contact Us. Available from: http://www.unanidoctors.com [Accessed 22nd June 2010]
- Mother Herbs (P) Ltd. Herbs and Agro Products. Available from: http://www.motherherbs.com/ [Accessed 22nd June 2010]
- The General stores. Ayurveda Herbs. Available from: http://www.ayurvedaherb.com/ [Accessed 22nd June 2010]
- Radhika Enterprises. Welcome to Radhika Enterprises. Available from : http://www.radhikaenterprises.com/. [Accessed 21 October 2011].
- Seva Aushadi Bhandar. About Us. Available from: http://www.sevaaushadhi.com/about.html [Access 25 October 2011]
- Al Farid Corporation. Membership & Certification. Available from: http://www.alfarid.org/member.html [Accessed 24th October 2011]
- Al Farid Corporation. Rice and Herbs Suppliers. Available from: http://www.alfarid.org/herbs.html [Accessed 22nd June 2010]